If you want to learn how to use Hadoop for big data, you’ll need to learn about MapReduce, Pig, and Hive. See this collection of Top 10 Presentations available free to the public on SlideShare that will help you get a better understanding of Hadoop HDFS, the MapReduce algorithm, the Pig Latin language, and the Hive SQL language. Along the way, you’ll also get some insight into how these technologies are used by Google, Yahoo!, Facebook, and Twitter.
1. Introduction to MapReduce, an Abstraction for Large-Scale Computation by Ilan Horn, Google
2. Hadoop, Pig, and Twitter by Kevin Weil, Twitter
3. Introduction to data processing using Hadoop and Pig by Ricardo Varela, Yahoo!
4. Pig, Making Hadoop Easy by Alan F. Gates, Yahoo!
5. Practical Problem Solving with Hadoop and Pig by Milind Bhandarkar, Yahoo!
6. Big Data Analytics with Hadoop by Philippe Julio
7. HIVE Data Warehousing & Analytics on Hadoop by Facebook Data Team
8. Facebook’s Petabyte Scale Data Warehouse using Hive and Hadoop by Facebook Data Team
9. Integration of Apache Hive and HBase by Enis Soztutarenis, Hortonworks
10. Hive Quick Start Tutorial by Cloudera
[important]Can’t decide whether you should learn Pig or Hive? Read my upcoming “When to use Pig Latin versus Hive SQL?” article to find out.[/important]
Hadoop in Practice
by Alex Holmes
by Edward Capriolo